Every autumn in Western North Carolina, nature puts on a gorgeous show of color from vibrant reds and bright yellows, the leaves transform showing their rich and vibrant hues.
Fall is here, which means it’s time to clean your yard and prepare for cooler days ahead. If you are a homeowner selling your home these tips are especially important as you prepare your home for prospective buyers.
Use the following checklist to assist with your outside fall clean:
- Clean the gutters and downspouts. Clear of debris if necessary.
- Prune the trees and hedges
- Protect your deck
- Start a compost pile
- Clean and store patio furniture, umbrellas, and children’s summer toys
- Touch up paint on trim, railings and decks
- Check caulk around windows and doors. Follow manufacturer’s recommendations to re-caulk if needed.
- Inspect external doors and garage doors. Install weather-stripping, door thresholds if needed.
- Wash exterior windows
- Drain and store garden hoses. Install insulating covers on exterior spigots. Make sure sprinkler systems are free of water.
- Have chimneys and flues inspected and cleaned if necessary.
For additional home clean up tips or tips on preparing your home for sell contact us today.