Fill This Truck, Feed a Child
When: August 22, 2019, 4:00–6:00PM
Where: Beverly-Hanks, 369 West US 19-E, Burnsville
What: Do your part to prevent Yancey County children from going hungry on weekends. Help us fill this truck with non-perishable food items so that Feed-a-Child Yancey has the supplies needed to serve our community. Suggested items include:
- Microwave popcorn.
- Microwave instant oatmeal.
- Microwave mac and cheese.
- Ramen noodles.
- Jell-O, pudding cups.
- Fruit, applesauce cups.
- Granola bars, oatmeal fruit bars, power bars.
- Individual cereals.
- Chips, pretzels, corn chips, Cheez-Its.
- Small tuna or chicken and cracker packages.
- Trail mix, peanuts, mixed nuts (teachers and guidance counselors have predetermined any allergies).
- Peanut butter or cheese crackers.
- Individual tubs of peanut butter.
- Small boxes of raisins.
- Individual juices (pouches, juice boxes, etc.; preferably 100% juice).
Remember: Yancey County Schools has a “zero tolerance” policy on expiration dates. Be sure that everything donated will not expire for at least three weeks.
After making your donation, we hope you’ll stay and enjoy refreshments from local merchants. We are proud to support such an important community organization that is making a difference in Yancey County!
Who: Benefiting Feed-a-Child Yancey. This dedicated, local nonprofit collects and distributes food through our schools based on the recommendations of school nurses, counselors, principals, and teachers.
Feed-a-Child Yancey was founded in the fall of 2007. When they began, they fed 50 kids per week. They now serve nearly 400 students per week and have distributed more than 175,000 pounds of food since their inception. For more information about Feed-a-Child Yancey, visit feedachildyc.org.
Hope to see you there!