If you love homes as much as we do, you too enjoy pinning your favorite design ideas, scouring magazines for new trends, and reveling in the drama of an HGTV renovation. (So much drama!) This year, Beverly-Hanks is bringing all that passional and excitement to you through our Home of the Month contest!
Vote each week right here on our blog. Help us narrow down 16–20 local homes highlighted each month for one outstanding home feature. From epic game rooms to cozy fireplaces, we want to know what YOU think is the best Western North Carolina has to offer!
Stay tuned to Beverly-Hanks each Wednesday (starting January 30, 2019) for a new vote. And tune back in every month on the 23rd to pick the ultimate Home of the Month winner!
Need more details about the contest? You got it:
What is the Home of the Month Contest?
Every week, Beverly-Hanks highlights 4–6 premier properties in an online contest, right here on our blog. Homes will be divided by price point and follow a designated topic of the month.
- Week 1: $0–$300,000
- Week 2: $300,000–$600,000
- Week 3: $600,000–$900,000
- Week 4: $900,000+
After four weeks, the winners of each contest will be featured on the Beverly-Hanks Monthly Email Newsletter. The winner of that vote is declared the Home of the Month.
Not on the Beverly-Hanks Monthly Email Newsletter list? Let your agent know you’d like to be subscribed today!
How are Homes of the Month Contestants Chosen?
It’s all about quality! Homes of the Month contestants are chosen for the quality of their photos, the quality of the home feature on display, and the quality of the effort behind the listing.
- Price Point – The property must be featured in the group for its listing price on the day of the HOTM contest. No exceptions.
- Photography & Staging – Homes must be well staged with quality, seasonal photos, especially for the photo to be featured in the contest. Vacant properties are not accepted.
Recommended Marketing Done by the Agent:
In the event that too many homes are submitted for consideration, Beverly-Hanks will choose homes for which agents have demonstrated their confidence in the listing. Proof of confidence can include:
- 3D Tours – Posted online at least one week before the HOTM contest vote.
- Aerial Tours & Property Videos.
- Facebook Advertising.
- Just Listed Post Cards.
- Adwerx Advertising.
- Property Enhancements – Additional photos, documents, floor plans, property features, etc. uploaded to the property detail page.
- Age of Listing – Newer listings are preferred.
What does the Home of the Month Winner Get?
Home of the Month winners benefit from the increased exposure of their listing on the Beverly-Hanks blog and social media feeds, as well as the listing agent’s additional promotion, through the course of the voting and beyond. More eyes on the contest means more views on your home’s listing!
In addition, HOTM winners receive:
- A winner’s blog post highlighting all the wonderful features of the home and its community!
- Facebook and print advertising in your local newspaper declaring you the HOTM winner.
- A graphic to keep and share with your friends and followers (similar to the one at the top of this post).
- The opportunity to be featured in the Home of the Year contest in December. (And BIG prizes associated with that!)