Every three months, our North Asheville office provides additional support to a chosen local community organization. This month, we’re hoping you’ll partner with us to make an even bigger difference.
What is ABCCM?
Many of our neighbors live paycheck to paycheck, making difficult daily choices between rent and utilities, food, health care, and day care. Asheville Buncombe Community Christian Ministry (ABCCM) is a nonprofit organization addressing poverty, hunger, homelessness, and access to healthcare for more than 50,000 underserved community members in Buncombe County.
Since 1969, ABCCM has played a significant role in:
- Meeting emergency assistance needs for families in crisis.
- Coordinating religious services and education activities at local detention centers.
- Providing transitional and permanent supportive housing of the homeless through 300 beds.
- Increasing access to health care for half of the underinsured and medically underserved.
- Coordinating work readiness, mentoring, and job placement services.
Get More by Giving Back
At Beverly-Hanks, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity and means to Live the Life You Choose. Help us help ABCCM through the month of March. We are collecting the following items between now and March 26, 2017: blankets, men’s socks, men’s underwear, scarves, and gloves. Drop off your donations at our North Asheville office, 820 Merrimon Avenue, or call (828) 251-1800 to arrange a pickup.
We encourage you to give of your time and money to an organization that means something to you, as well. Reach out to ABCCM or contact your Beverly-Hanks agent to learn about local nonprofits in your community.
Asheville Buncombe Community Christian Ministry
Administrative Office: 20 Twentieth Street, Asheville