I'm dedicated to ensuring that our agents provide the best possible service to each of our clients and customers. That's why at Beverly-Hanks & Associates, our Managing Brokers no longer actively market and sell real estate.
We're here for one purpose -- to support our broker associates as they work to best assist you. If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Best New Realtor of 2002, Asheville Citizen-Times
- 2002 Rising Star Award, Beverly-Hanks & Associates
- 2002, 2004-2005,2007-2009 Raving Fans Award, Beverly-Hanks & Associates
- 2003 Contributing to Excellence Award, Beverly-Hanks & Associates
- 2007-2008, 2010 Office Listing Leader
- 2006-2013 Contract Law & Addenda Instructor, Beverly-Hanks & Associates
- 2003 President's Circle, Asheville Citizen-Times
- 2004-2005 Agent Advisory Committee, Beverly-Hanks & Associates
- 2004 Nominee, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Man of the Year
- 2008 Member Realtor Cup Bowl for Kids Sake
- Asheville Board of Realtors
- 2005 Asheville Board of Realtors, Membership Communication Committee
- 2004-2006 Asheville Board of Realtors, Rexpo Committee
- 2004-2005 United Way Fund Allocation Committee
- 2003-2006 Asheville Board of Realtors, Realtor Etiquette Instructor
- Council of Residential Specialist (CRS)
- Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR)
- Certified New Home Specialist (CNHS)
- Western North Carolina Parrot Head Club
- Keowee Sailing Club
Originally from Greenville, South Carolina, Steve moved to Asheville in 1986 to pursue a career with AMF Worldwide. Steve held a number of positions with AMF including District Manager and finishing his career at the corporate level in the Acquisitions Department. Deciding it was time for a career move, Steve accepted a position as operations manager with Dillard's Department Stores in 1998. After being promoted to General Manager, Steve moved to Hickory, North Carolina to open a state of the art Dillard's store. It did not take long for Steve to miss the beauty, charm and uniqueness that is Asheville and moved back in 2002 to pursue a career in Real Estate.
Steve started his career with Beverly-Hanks in February of 2002 and quickly became a top producer by listening and understanding the needs of his clients. While growing his business, Steve began to take on a larger role within the organization by teaching classes both at Beverly-Hanks and with the Asheville Board of Realtors. In 2011, Steve accepted a position as the Broker-In-Charge of our Grove Arcade office and later accepted a promotion to the Managing Broker position of our Downtown office. Beverly-Hanks standards of excellence, integrity and close ties to the community are at the core of his business philosophy. Steve sums it up in one simple statement, "Treat people decent, be honest and let them know you care."
On a personal note, Steve married his wife Susan in June of 2010 and both enjoy sailing, hiking and adore their dog Piper.
- Hiking and Camping
- Sports Enthusiast